President & CEO, Sinag Solutions
Q: How long have you been involved with The Open Group?
With P&G for 4 years. And now with Sinag Solutions for less than year.
Q. What do you do, and how long have you been doing it?
Now I am doing Enterprise Architecture Consulting for a Multi-National Energy Company based in the Philippines. I have been doing this for 5 months now.
Q: Why did your organization become a member and what does your involvement look like? What Forum or Work Group did join?
I am getting a lot of value from the community to be able to improve my practice. I also want to increase certified EAs in the country and the adoption of TOGAF® by various industries.
Q: How has membership in The Open Group benefited you, your organization and the industry at large?
I am able to drive the use of TOGAF -- which is translating in better decisions being done in the IT space in the country
Q: What contributions do you hope to bring to The Open Group?
Being able to increase adoption in Asia. Being able to contribute to the various working groups in the future. I have 15 years of experience working in IT for various areas, so I would like to be able to use that to help other members.
Q: Why is it important for other organizations to join The Open Group?
The Power of community.
Q: What are your hobbies?
Q: What book are you currently reading?
Q. What social networks do you belong to?
Geothermal Professionals (Linkedin), P&G Alumni (Facebook)
About Francis Uy
Entrepreneur and IT Executive
- Founder and CEO of Sinag Solutions.
- Co-Founder and CEO of The Kard, Inc.
Currently working as the Enterprise Architect of a multinational Energy company.
- Over 15 years of experience in project management and operations from detailed design, implementation, to support of large-scale enterprise systems
- Over 6 years of enterprise architecture experience in Manufacturing, Distribution, and Energy companies with emphasis on the information domain
- Over 11 years of experience in ERP implementations (Australia/NZ, Vietnam, France, Italy) and support
- Over 9 years of experience in managing applications in Digital Marketing, eCommerce, Mobile, and Loyalty Retail (Sales in $ hundreds of millions)