Fostering understanding and adoption of SOA
The Open Group SOA Work Group exists to develop and foster common understanding of SOA in order to facilitate alignment between the business and IT communities. It produces information about SOA and SOA standards to assist business and information technology professionals within and outside of The Open Group to understand and adopt SOA.
- Lead the development of open standards and certifications
- Stay up-to-date on SOA and make better-informed decisions
- Network within a worldwide and cross-industry community of experts, and leverage their knowledge and experience
- Increase understanding of the use of SOA as an architectural style within the enterprise, and of SOA Governance
- Reduce risk and avoid vendor lock-in
For more details on our activities, see the SOA Work Group member site. Our current output is published in the SOA Source Book. It forms a collection of source material for use by enterprise architects working with Service-Oriented Architecture. Our standards are included in the Source Book and are also available from The Open Group Bookstore. You can find background on our standards and guides, and ask questions about them, at our SOA Standards Discussion Forum.
We welcome everyone from any member company of The Open Group who wants to contribute to our work or influence our direction and effectiveness. If your organization is a Platinum or Gold Member of The Open Group, you can join the SOA Work Group by subscribing to the SOA list via your Platinum or Gold Personal Membership area. If your organization is a Silver or Academic Member, you should write to the Forum Director for SOA and ask to subscribe. If your organization is not yet a member, join us today!
Contact us for more information
Join us and get involved
Service-Oriented Architecture Work Group Members Site