SAN FRANCISCO, CA, January 20th, 2022: The Open Group, the vendor-neutral technology standards organization, is hosting its upcoming global virtual event January 31 – February 2, 2022. The event will bring together subject matter experts from around the globe to discuss how the cross-industry development of open standards is helping businesses become digital-first.
Presentations on Monday will center on open standards and platforms for operationalizing COP26. Attendees will hear from Gunnar Menzel, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, Capgemini, who will outline the sustainability impact of ICT, and provide some insights on how corporations address their ICT carbon footprint. Other sessions will explore how collaboration through data and open standards can solve the climate crisis, and address why the solution demands clearer conversations, stronger leadership buy-in, better training, greater support, and more forceful deadlines.
Tuesday will be dedicated to Digital Practitioners. Dave Lounsbury, Chief Digital Officer at The Open Group, will introduce the Open Framework for the Digital Enterprise before it’s set to be made publicly available to standards adopters, along with improvements for both standards adopters, and the standards creator community. Attendees will also have the opportunity to get a sneak peek into the new Product-Centric Reference Operating Model for Digital led by The Open Group Digital Practitioners Work Group, and hear from industry leaders including Altaz Valani, Director of insights Research at Security Compass, and Rob Akershoek, IT Management Architect at Fruition Partners, on using standards to secure the digital product lifecycle.
On Wednesday, the Data Science Community of Interest, an open forum for both Members and Non-Members of The Open Group, will share case studies and host workshops for those with an interest in Data Science and AI. Attendees will learn from leaders across IBM's business through keynote sessions, and a workshop dedicated to human-centered AI and data science best practices.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Steve Nunn, President & CEO, The Open Group
- Celine Lescop, Lead Digital Sustainability & Data Architect, AXA Group Operations
- Sammy Lakshmanan, Principal, Environmental Social & Governance, PwC
- Paddy Fagan STSM & Chief Architect, IBM Watson Health
- Jan Stobbe Managing Enterprise Architect, Capgemini
- Andy Platt, Distinguished Engineer and Managing Consultant, Fujitsu
- Maureen Norton, Chief Analytics Officer & Marketing Intelligence Professional, IBM
- Seth Dobrin, VP Data & AI, Chief Data Officer Cloud & Cognitive Software, IBM
- Wouter Oosterbosch, Chief Data Scientist Europe, IBM, Advanced Analytics Center of Competence
- Plus many more
Additional key topics of discussion include:
- Introducing a Reference Operating Model for Digital: On Tuesday, Justin Mann, Managing Partner, Digital Business Consulting, will introduce attendees to the emerging Product-Centric Reference Operating Model for Digital being developed by The Open Group Members
- Power of Insights from AI / Data Science Projects: Tune into this session on Wednesday to explore how a team of data scientists, data engineers, and design thinking specialists analyze an unstructured dataset of data science projects to identify opportunities
Agenda and registration details can be found here.
About The Open Group
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through technology standards. Our diverse membership of more than 870 organizations includes customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators, academics, and consultants across multiple industries. Further information on The Open Group can be found at www.opengroup.org.
Senior Programme Manager, Hotwire