IT4IT™ Forum Members' Meetings
Objective of Meeting
The IT4IT Forum members-only meetings at The Open Group Amsterdam event had the following objectives:
- Inform: present recent work done by the Work Groups and Committees since the last quarterly meeting to the member attendees
- Submit: members presented their proposed topics for inclusion in the next release of the IT4IT Reference Architecture Standard for review, comment, suggestions for improvement, and/or assignment to an owner for completion
- Network: use these face-to-face meetings to introduce members and non-members from around the globe to one another to improve productivity and enjoyment of the many future virtual and WebEx meeting interactions that occur for members thereafter every quarter
- Improve: collect from member attendees any suggestions for improvement or requests for changes or additions to the IT4IT Standard or to the Forum way of working
- Promote: work on quarterly plans to drive increasing adoption of the IT4IT Standard around the world
The meetings were conducted across three (3) days of The Open Group Amsterdam event:
- Monday, November 4, 2:00 – 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 5, 2:00 – 5:30 pm
- Thursday, November 7, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
During those sessions the members present presented and vetted the current deliverables and next steps for many topics proposed for inclusion in the next version of the IT4IT Reference Architecture Standard. Most were well-known work streams that are coming to conclusion in time for submission into the next version of the standard. Some were deemed to require more discussion. In addition, the IT4IT Forum Officers presented a summary of the status of work streams that were advanced in several recent 4-hour virtual workshops with Forum leaders, authors, and contributors to the members present and noted which would be featured as working sessions at this event. The proposals are related to new content for the next release of the IT4IT Standard as well as setting the scope for that Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and principles that can help guide those decisions.
In addition to hosting the members-only meetings, the IT4IT Forum also curated the content for and hosted the Digital Management Professionals Day, renaming the previous IT Management Professionals Day from years past. This event took place on Thursday, November 7, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. This special event day was open to the public for 195 Euros or to any participant of The Open Group event who had purchased a onference pass that included Wednesday. It was attended by approximately 75-80 people. The presentations can be found here and are available to all registered event attendees and members of The Open Group only.
All members left informed about the proposed changes for inclusion in the next version of the IT4IT Reference Architecture Standard.
The Chairs of the following Work Groups and Committees – IT4IT Core Standard (SMM Snapshot topics), Level Zero (0), IT4IT for DevOps, and Strategy to Portfolio – all received constructive and actionable suggestions for improvement to their content so that they could produce the next or final versions of their deliverables – including Snapshot, Guide, and White Paper publications and some change proposals to the normative standard.
The IT4IT Adoption Board received input and guidance from the Forum members and Forum Director on their Marketing proposals including a selection of some primary target audiences for key messaging around the value of the IT4IT Standard, and also received feedback on the IT4IT Forum leaders’ proposal for how to make the Training & Certification for the IT4IT Standard more valuable to the IT community with the release of the next version of the IT4IT Reference Architecture Standard.
The owners of Epics for inclusion in the next version of the IT4IT Reference Architecture Standard will resume building the content on their topics with the Work Groups and reviewers in time for the next readiness review at the next two quarterly events of The Open Group.
The IT4IT Adoption Board will begin working more closely with the IT4IT Forum subject matter experts to provide the content needed to produce proposed marketing and certification programs that were proposed at this event and previously.
Members who have not already started using GitLab/ASCIIdoc for making their proposed changes to the next version of the IT4IT Reference Architecture Standard will use the newly provided instruction guide and video to do so.
- Public view of the Agenda for this IT4IT Forum members-only meeting
- Public view of the current list of the IT4IT Forum Work Groups and Standing Committees and their Chairs and the IT4IT Forum Officers
- Private content for IT4IT Forum members only including Agenda, Presentations, Meeting Minutes, Action Items, and Release Baselines from the IT4IT Forum members-only sessions at The Open Group Amsterdam event are all posted on the IT4IT Forum Plato Collaboration documents site (Note: this content is for IT4IT Forum members ONLY and requires IT4IT Forum member login credentials.)