About The Open Group Open Agile Architecture™ Standard Annual Commercial License
If you wish to use the Open Agile Architecture™ Standard, also known as the O-AA™ Standard, for commercial purposes, then your organization must have a current Open Agile Architecture Standard Annual Commercial License. This applies to both Members and non-members of The Open Group.
By way of example, commercial purposes include but are not limited to, developing or providing solutions and services such as products, software, tools, or consultancy for use within another organization, or training materials and related training services.
The Commercial License covers all full-time employees of the licensing organization, and permits the Open Agile Architecture Standard Documentation to be distributed freely within the organization, without each employee having to have their own personal license.
The annual license fee depends on the size of the licensing organization (in terms of turnover), as explained in the Open Agile Architecture Standard Annual Commercial License Agreement [PDF].
If your organization is currently a member of The Open Group Architecture Forum, then it is entitled to the Open Agile Architecture Standard Annual Commercial License at no additional cost (and indeed may already have one), subject to completion and submission of the license application, as explained below.
If you are unsure whether your organization is a member, check the List of The Open Group Members. If you are unsure whether your organization has a Commercial License, check the List of Open Agile Architecture Commercial Licensees.
Note: If you wish to evaluate the Open Agile Architecture Standard, for commercial use, you can do so under a free, personal Evaluation License (for non-members) or a Member License (for Members). Neither of these licenses permits the Open Agile Architecture Standard to be used commercially.
Applying for the Open Agile Architecture Standard Annual Commercial Licence
- Right-click the following link to download the Open Agile Architecture™ Standard Annual Commercial License Agreement [PDF]. This form may be filled by most PDF readers; otherwise, the form may be printed, filled using clear block letters, physically signed, and scanned to PDF format.
- Review the licensing conditions and complete the information in the spaces provided. Please provide the organization's complete legal entity name in the first and signature page. If you wish to be included in the List of Open Agile Architecture Commercial Licensees by your familiar trading or short name, please make a notation by including it in brackets or let us know by email.
- Identify an appropriate authority to sign the license on behalf of your organization, and secure his/her signature. A digital or e-signature is acceptable.
Email the signed license to legal(at)opengroup.org.
- If your organization is not already a Member of The Open Group, in which the Open Agile Architecture Standard is evolved, then you may take out a free annual membership as part of the same transaction:
Download The Open Group Membership Application Form.
- Complete the information in the spaces provided in all three pages. (In Clause 1, select "Architecture Forum"; in Clause 2, enter "C.License" in lieu of a fee.)
- Review the terms and conditions in the links provided in Clause 3.
- Email the completed form, executed by your organization's authorized signatory, together with the Commercial License Agreement as described above.
- The Director, Legal will then countersign the license (and membership form if submitted) on behalf of The Open Group and a copy will be emailed to your designated primary contact for your records.
Please Contact us if you have any queries.