Use of The Open Group Trademarks
In editorial or articles, but not in advertising, The Open Group trademarks may be used without prior permission - provided that the rules in our Trademark Usage Guidelines are followed. In all other cases, obtaining a prior permission is required. To obtain such a permission, please email our Trademarks Team.
Use of The Open Group Logos
For use of the Open Group logos or graphics in editorial or articles, please contact our Public Relations representatives.
Use of The Open Group Content
If you would like to use The Open Group content, please contact our Public Relations representatives.
When you use our corporate name, please help us ensure consistent brand image by using it correctly:
The corporate name, The Open Group, should always include “The”. All three initial letters should always use upper case.
- Correct : The Open Group.
- Incorrect: the Open Group
It is not permissible to abbreviate the corporate name into an acronym
- Correct: The Open Group.
- Incorrect: TOG
Guidelines for Linking to The Open Group Website
A site that links to The Open Group website:
- May link to but not replicate The Open Group content
- Should not create a browser or border environment around The Open Group content
- Should not imply that The Open Group is endorsing it or its products
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with The Open Group
- Should not present false information about The Open Group products or services
- Should not use The Open Group logo without permission from The Open Group
- Should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups.