About the IT4IT™ Standard, Version 3.0 Annual Commercial License
If you wish to use the IT4IT Standard, Version 3.0 for commercial purposes, then your organization must have a current IT4IT Standard, Version 3.0 Annual Commercial License. This applies to both members and non-members of The Open Group IT4IT Forum.
Commercial purposes include, by way of example, but are not limited to developing IT4IT architecture, software, or tools for use within another organization, and providing IT4IT based consultancy, expertise, or training services.
You will also need an IT4IT Standard, Version 3.0 Annual Commercial License if you wish to submit an application to accredit a training course or certify a product or service to any of the IT4IT Product Standards. See the IT4IT Certification website for details.
The Commercial License covers all full-time employees of the licensing organization, and permits the IT4IT Standard, Version 3.0 documentation to be distributed freely within the organization, without each employee having to have their own personal license.
The annual license fee depends on the size of the licensing organization (in terms of turnover), as explained in the IT4IT Standard, Version 3.0 Commercial License Agreement [PDF].
If your organization is currently a member of The Open Group IT4IT Forum, then it is entitled to an IT4IT Standard, Version 3.0 Commercial License at no additional cost (and indeed may already have one), subject to completion and submission of the license application, as explained below.
If you are unsure whether your organization is a member, check the List of IT4IT Forum members. If you are unsure whether your organization has a Commercial License, check the List of IT4IT Commercial Licensees.
Note: If you wish to evaluate the IT4IT Standard, Version 3 for commercial use, you can do so under a free, personal Evaluation License (for non-members) or Member License (for members). Neither of these licenses permits the IT4IT Standard, Version 3 to be used commercially.
Applying for an IT4IT Standard, Version 3.0 Annual Commercial License
- Right-click the following link to download the IT4IT Standard, Version 3.0 Commercial License Agreement [PDF]. This form may be filled by most PDF readers; otherwise, the form may be printed, filled using clear block letters, physically signed, and scanned to PDF format.
- Review the licensing conditions and complete the information in the spaces provided. Please provide the Organization's complete legal entity name in the first and signature page. If you wish to be included in the List of IT4IT Commercial Licensees by your familiar trading or short name, please make a notation by including it in brackets or let us know by email.
- Identify an appropriate authority to sign the license on behalf of your organization, and secure his/her signature. A digital or e-signature is acceptable.
Email the signed license to legal(at)opengroup.org. Alternately, the signed license may be faxed to +44 870-134-8146.
If your organization is not already a member of The Open Group IT4IT Forum, in which the IT4IT Standard is evolved, then you may take out a free annual membership as part of the same transaction:
- Download The Open Group Membership Application Form.
- Complete the information in the spaces provided in all three pages. (In Clause 1, select "IT4IT Forum"; in Clause 2, enter "C.License" in lieu of a fee.)
- Review the terms and conditions in the links provided in Clause 3.
- Email or fax the completed form, executed by your organization's authorized signatory, together with the Commercial License Agreement as described above.
- If your organization is not already a member of The Open Group IT4IT Forum, in which the IT4IT Standard is evolved, then you may take out a free annual membership as part of the same transaction:
- The Director, Legal will then countersign the license (and membership form if submitted) on behalf of The Open Group and a copy will be emailed to your designated primary contact for your records.
Please Contact us if you have any queries.