Open Process Automation™ Forum
Wednesday, January 31 & Thursday, February 1, 2018
Objective of Meeting
The Business Work Group held a Plenary Session on Tuesday, January 30 announcing the publication of The Open Process Automation™ Business Guide – Value Proposition and Business Case for the Open Process Automation™ Standard.
The Technology Work Group held two full days of member meetings, the Business Work Group Conformance Sub-Committee held a one-day workshop led by the Certification Staff of The Open Group, and the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Work Group held a joint session with the Technology Work Group.
The objectives of the meetings were to advance the work of the Work Groups and Sub-Committees.
The Business Work Group Conformance Sub-Committee objectives included:
- Initiate and progress the work on the Conformance Certification Program
The Technology Work Group objectives included:
- Review and advance the development of the Technical Architecture Reference Model towards the publication of a Technical Snapshot
- Review and advance the work of the various Technical Sub-Committees in support of the Technical Architecture Reference Model
The Enterprise Architecture Work Group objectives included:
- Hold a joint session with the Technology Work Group to advance the work on the Technical Requirements and the development of the Requirements White Paper
Each of the Forum Work Groups held multiple breakout sessions to advance their own work. Specifically:
- The EA Work Group held a joint meeting with the Technology Work Group to coordinate the process by which requirements would captured, processed, and documented
- The Business Work Group held a one-day workshop focused on the development of the Conformance Certification Program; this was led by The Open Group Certification Staff and reviewed numerous probable documents to be required in the development of the program
- The Technology Work Group reviewed the latest set of comments on the Technology Architecture Reference Model draft (Working Draft Version 06) and held meetings of the various Technology Sub-Committees, including Application Framework SC, Security SC, and Physical Platform SC
- Enterprise Architecture Work Group reviewed technology requirements with the Work Group
Each Work Group advanced their agendas on various work items on their roadmaps.
In addition to ongoing WebEx meetings, there are two face-to-face meetings scheduled before The Open Group event in London:
- The full Forum will meet February 15 and 16 in conjunction and co-located with the ARC Forum Industry Event in Orlando, Florida
- There is a Technology Work Group face-to-face meeting, hosted by Schneider Electric, at their offices in Houston, Texas, scheduled for March 20 to 22