The TOGAF® Standard, Version 9.2, is available to all to download free-of-charge for non-commercial use. That will usually mean using it inside your organization. To use the TOGAF standard for commercial purposes, a Commercial License is available.
Follow the instructions on this page to download the TOGAF standard in various formats, including a pdf edition and an html edition. Once you have registered you can immediately download the TOGAF standard.
If your organization is a member of The Open Group Architecture Forum, you may download and use the TOGAF standard internally under a personal Member License. If you wish to distribute the TOGAF standard within your organization see the Commercial and Corporate licenses below.
The download procedure:
- Check the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, Member Licensing Conditions; then
- Register and download the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, under a Member License (you will need to supply your ID and password for The Open Group web site)
You may download the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, under a free, personal, 90-day Evaluation License; and you may then go on to use it internally under a free, perpetual, Corporate License or a free, perpetual, Academic License, if you wish. Alternatively, you may take out an annual Commercial License.
The download procedure:
- Check the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, Evaluation Licensing Conditions; then
- Register and download the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, under a 90-day Evaluation License
If you download the TOGAF standard, you are presumed to have read and accepted the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, Evaluation Licensing Conditions. There is no need to complete and submit the license.
After the Evaluation Period
After expiry of the 90-day evaluation period you should apply for a more permanent License:
- A free, perpetual Non-commercial License is available to Corporate, and Academic Institutions wanting to use the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 for non-commercial use
- An annual Commercial License is available for organizations wishing to exploit the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 commercially
You are under no obligation to take out any of these licenses. However, if you decline, you will be obliged to send an email confirming that you have removed the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, documentation from your machine.