Authorized Trainers are appropriately qualified, skilled in teaching, have knowledge of and experience in the subject area, are familiar with the Body of Knowledge, and keep themselves up-to-date in line with changes to the Body of Knowledge.
Accredited Training Course General Trainer Requirements
All trainers used in the delivery of Accredited Training Courses must have one of the following:
- A relevant training qualification that has recognition in the geography in which it was obtained (two examples are: certification from the Institute of IT Training and The Open Group Certified Technical Specialist (Open CTS) certification with Technical Training as the Client Focus Area)
- One (1) year of relevant training experience
Have undertaken an induction program that meets the following criteria:
- The individual must be certified in the applicable Program at the appropriate level before the start of the formal induction program
- The induction program must include a mechanism to ensure that the individual is capable of delivering a training course in a satisfactory manner
- The induction program must include provision for the individual to deliver at least two (2) training courses under the supervision of an experienced Accredited Training Course trainer
- At the end of each training course, the decision on whether the individual is suitable to proceed to the next phase of training must be based on a report from the supervising trainer and feedback forms from attendees on the course, which must include provision for feedback on the individual concerned separate from the supervising trainer.
- The induction program must ensure the overall quality of the Accredited Training Course when a trainer under supervision delivers any part of the training
Trainer Certification Requirements
Below are the trainer certification requirements allowing delivery of an Accredited Training Course, per program.
TOGAF® 9 Certification Program Accredited Training Course (Level 1, Level 2, and Combined)
TOGAF® Essentials 2018 Accredited Training Course
TOGAF® Business Architecture Accredited Training Course
ArchiMate® 3 Accredited Training Course (Level 1, Level 2, and Combined)
IT4IT™ Accredited Training Course
Open FAIR™ Accredited Training Course
All new trainers who wish to deliver an Accredited Training Course must, prior to delivering an Accredited Training Course, be approved by The Open Group Certification Authority.
After the Accredited Training Course trainer is approved, The Open Group will continue to monitor the performance of the Accredited Training Course trainer.
Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact our ATC support team for further information.