A trusted, collaborative environment for experts from both the customer and supply sides of industry, government, and academia, who share a common goal to:
Manage and reduce IT-related risks
Secure the IT environment
Raise confidence levels in business technology operations
The Open Group events are for business and technology professionals interested in achieving business objectives through technology standards. The Open Group organizes conferences, member meetings, industry verticals, webinars and podcasts on a wide variety of topics.
Check our events calendar for upcoming events.
Follow The Open Group on Twitter @theopengroup
Open FAIR™ Risk Analysis Tool - the function is to perform a quantitative Open FAIR risk analysis as defined in The Open Group Risk Analysis (O-RA) and Risk Taxonomy (O-RT) standards. It is provided in the form of a spreadsheet. You may download the Beta version of the Open FAIR Risk Analysis Tool under a free, personal, 90-day Evaluation License; and you may then go on to use version 1.0 of the tool when available, internally under a free, perpetual, Corporate License or a free, perpetual, Academic License, if you wish. Alternatively, you may take out an annual Commercial License.
Open FAIR™ Tool with SIPmath™ Distributions: Guide to the Theory of Operation (G181) - additional information about the tool
Open FAIR is gaining significant acceptance among large organizations as a leading risk analysis methodology. The Open Group has published two Open FAIR standards :
- Open Risk Taxonomy Technical Standard (O-RT). This standard defines a standard taxonomy of terms, definitions, and relationships used in risk analysis.
- Open Risk Analysis Technical Standard (O-RA). This standard describes process aspects associated with performing effective risk analysis.
These two standards constitute the body of knowledge for The Open Group FAIR Certification Program.
The Open Group FAIR Certification Program
- The Open Group Open FAIR Certification Program: Program Summary
- The Open Group Open FAIR Certification Program: FAQ
Certification for Individuals
The documents below describe the Open Group FAIR Certification Program.
- The Open Group Certification for People: Certification Policy for Examination-Based Programs
- Open FAIR Conformance Requirements
The Open Group has also published additional risk analysis guidance, which may be useful to risk practitioners, and as additional background for those seeking Open FAIR Foundation certification: